Hello and welcome to my latest monthly review. I sincerely hope you’ve enjoyed following Reposed Thought over the past 9 months. It’s been a real joy for me to write about all kinds of stuff that is close to my heart. Some of my favourite posts have included:
- ‘my testimony – new life‘
- ‘tales of an introvert – short poem‘
- ‘last nights weird dream‘
- ‘architecture: isn’t that like 7 years?‘
Some of my aspirations from the beginning were to inspire, motivate and humour you [the reader], but also to encourage you [through my insights] to share your own hidden talents with others.
As I lay down one evening and brainstormed potential blog names, a lot of different topics ran through my mind that I felt quite passionate about sharing (such as my Christian faith, love of music, football, photography etc). Having taken the first steps into the blogging world, I found the challenge of writing stuff to an audience that I didn’t personally interact with quite a tough yet exciting challenge. Several thoughts go through my mind before making any post. For example: Who might read this? How will they interpret it? Does it make any sense? If its a written piece, does it flow? etc.
Providentially, at the time I was starting my blog, there was a story-telling workshop organised by my tutor (quite random for architecture, you might think). Well, those were my thoughts exactly. What I didn’t realise, however, was how pivotal that workshop would be for my soon to be established blog. It was where I wrote my first ever poem called “The Angry Sharpness Monster” – Check it out here with its back story:
To date, I have written a total of 12 original poems (Including this months ‘Lost Ones’ listed below). I share this NOT as a way of gloating (sorry if it comes across that way), but as an encouragement for you to recognise that you are special and unique in your own beautiful way. I believe that God made each one of us with a purpose and as part of that, he has equipped us with different talents and abilities that are special. Even if its making other people smile, that in itself is a special gift. So let your light shine that others may see. You never know what might come from it or who you might bless. I know I’ve used this verse over and over again, but it never ceases to be true:
“I praise You [God], for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.”
Now onto this months brief review.
All Posts (12 Sept-12 Oct)
- Like Sheep without a Shepard (5 Oct) – Where are we going? Just like sheep we lose our way without a good and faithful Shepard. These bible verses explain our human condition best https://reposedthought.wordpress.com/2015/10/05/like-sheep-without-a-shepard/
- Lost Ones – Short Poem (7 Oct) – Story of a friendship that was once beautiful, but now unexpectedly scarred. Part inspired by the track “Love Yourz” by rapper J Cole, but also personal experience. Had a lot of fun constructing this one. Check it out!! https://reposedthought.wordpress.com/2015/10/07/lost-ones-short-poem/